Thursday, February 11, 2010

Project day.....

Ok, first of all, I fixed the comment section.....so now people can comment with out that nasty word verification box....Yes I hate it too, and didn't realize it was even active on my blog...

Anyway, I am embarking on a new project lately. First of all, I am seriously purging all of the JUNK in the JUNK ROOM. Yes, I have a junk room (embarrassed face here)....

When I was forced to move from my marital home (Satan's lawyer sent me a nasty letter saying I should get out within 3 months--mighty nice of her, seeing as I had a 14 month old and a 2 year old, no job, no money, no where to go), I had to get anything I wanted to keep out of there or it would be lost forever. So I packed up all that I could.....and still I had to leave a few truck loads behind......which sucks, but I look at it this way, if I don't miss it now, I never will, and at least I got all of the "good stuff" out of there.....Or things I couldn't live without like babies, pictures, baby bed, my bed, etc...... I figured he could shove the rest (up his A$$ sideways!!).

My point is.....I had tons of stuff, and now nowhere to put it.....we had a big house, that was full of all my goodies.... And now that I was on the streets I had to rent a storage building (the biggest one they had jammed packed--stuff would fall out when I opened the door)... Then when we rented a place, all that stuff didn't have a place here in this much smaller home.... So I had to shove it in a 3rd bedroom, and my babies shared a room anyway, so it wasn't a problem, until now. They need a playroom, their toys have taken over my house, and there is no way to keep it clean. So my solution? Making them a room to go crazy in, and where if I don't feel like picking up the toys every 5 minutes, guess what? I can close the door! (hoping)

I have started the "going through everything phase." It is a slow and painful process. First I got rid of all of my baby things that my kids are too big for (swings, exersaucers, bumbo chairs, high chairs, etc.), that in itself was painful! My babies are growing up for one, and for two there will be no more to come. Sad.....ok, maybe not too sad, I am over all that! I did keep enough baby clothes to hopefully one day make a quilt, sound neat? I thought so.... Now I am on to papers, books, bags, boxes of crap, and the little things you don't even realize you have until you dig in it. It is hard work, but I am on top of it (ok maybe beside it)(ok, maybe under it).....

I am feeling positive about myself for doing this, I am letting go, of my past, of the marriage, of the things I clung to from my old life. I think it is a step in the right direction, and will do me a world of good! Like the song......Oh letting go, There's nothing in the way now, Oh letting go, there's room enough to fly, And even though, she's spent her whole life waiting, It's never easy letting go.

I made some rain gutter bookshelves for their books, and I am excited about putting all their stuff in there and they are too!!

4 comments:

  1. I really feel for you - went through something very similar. You are right though - it's good to let go of the things you no longer need (and the past). Wishing you lots of luck!

    Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for what you have been through, but I definitely think you are on the right path.

    Clearing junk and clutter totally helps to clear the junk and clutter in our minds and hearts.

    You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the support ladies!!! I love comments:) I guess we all do, that's why we blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have gone through a whole lot. I don't know him, but is it normal if I feel like drop-kicking the head of your ex?

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight from the heart.....