Thursday, December 17, 2009

Baby Talk

Isn't it funny how we learn to understand what our kids are saying..... Even when they spit out orders through a mouthful of pancakes?
I am so amused as my little people grow, I watch with wonder as they take on the world. There are 2 of them here....One girl, one boy. I call them many things, LOL....Rupert and Rusty, Beeboo and Bubba J, Frick and Frack, Poncho and Lefty, Beavis and Butthead, you get the idea. For this post we will call them Bubby and Sissy, and I will let you in on some of the funny things they do and say.
We have a little dog (Paris) that they terrorize on a daily basis, they will tell her to "go to your bed." One day I heard Sissy open the front door and scream to the top of her lungs "Paris, get the fuck out of that stupid bitch road!" I had to pick my ass up off the bed where I crumbled in a spasm of hysterics! I mean I was laughing so hard tears rolled down my face. Not that I was proud of Sissy, or that I wanted her to say such profanity....it just struck me as funny, how kids pick up on things (gosh I would never know where they would hear such things though) and put them together all jumbled up where they don't make sense. She obviously meant business though, she had the right tone, and delivery was good, she just screwed the words up a little. Gotta love her for trying. And yes I did chastise her for using such language and I didn't let her see me laugh.
She has also told me that Paris "pissed" in the floor. One of my favorites though, was when I was eating Coco Puffs out of a baggie....She said "Mommie are you eating dog food?" No silly it is cereal.
Now Bubby on the other hand has never been a man of many words. He gets his point across with as little as he has to. For some reason he got tore up one day when I innocently grabbed a bite of pancake off of his plate.... He shoved his little paw under my chin and demanded, "No Mommie, spit it out, my hand." I know some of you are not amused, but if you could have seen it, it might have tickled you too. Needless to say, the pancake was already down the hatch and I couldn't give it back, but you can't blame the boy for trying can you?
It is cute to see 2 toddlers interact with each other (when they are not hitting, kicking, screaming, biting, punching, scratching, poking, pulling hair, or taking things from each other). I have seen them give each other 4-wheeler rides, feed each other, brush each other's hair, dress each other, and Sissy has offered to change Bubby's diaper, to which I said not this time baby.
Sissy is the clumsiest child I have ever seen.. My B/F (we will call him Gunner because he has big ole' muscular arms) says Sissy would trip over a cordless phone... Yes Gunner, if it was laying in the floor I might trip over it too. And Bubby has to have every ouch he gets kissed, then it is magically all better. Even when I had a Boo-boo he said "my kiss it" and he planted a big ole wet kiss on me. Ofcourse who wouldn't be all better after a Bubby kiss?
But don't kids do the funniest things, I mean really? One day just sit and watch 'em go, then tell me about it....

1 comment:

  1. I crack up too when I hear my kids say something I'd never expect them to say, and thanks to my oldest and some neighborhood kids, my 7 year old picked up a lot of curse words and we've had many a discussion of "you can't say those words until you are 18" .. lol...course, I would never hold him to it at 16 or there abouts, but still... and I looooove their silly logic. We give Magic Kisses here, were we kiss hands and blow kisses to owies. Course we kiss them too, but magic kisses come in handy when they over work it. LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight from the heart.....